Spring Training Bra: Bob Supports Concern for Who Will Round Out the Tigers Rotation, but He Has a Legitimate Answer

Posted by Bob Biscigliano in ,

Is Porcello ready to pitch in the bigs at the young age of 20 without ever having thrown above A ball?


A lot has been said about who will be toeing the rubber every fifth day for the Tigers to start the season. Dontrelle Willis? Nate Robertson? Zach Miner? Rick Porcello?

Not enough has been said about bringing in someone from the outside. Heck, there looks to be a couple viable options from the Tigers tryouts the other day. #102 and #174 look like they might deserve a look. (Notice #198--awfully nice of the Tigers to let the Eat 'Em Up Tigers legend try out.) What about Kenny Powers? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

I know with the contracts of Willis, Robertson, and Porcello the Tigers hands are probably tied. One of these three guys is going to start the season as the fifth starter and naturally, people are obsessed with talking about it.

Well, I'd like to throw a little chicken mcnugget your way and declare that there is at least one more feasible option for the fifth spot:

ME. You heard that right...Bob Biscigliano.

I bring a little bit of everything to the table that these guys do. I can give you a little bit of Willis, Robertson, Miner, and Porcello combined. For starters, I have Willis' control problems, Robertson's decreasing velocity, Miner's inconsistency, and Porcello's inexperience. In addition to all that, I am very competitive and possess a very diligent work ethic. I hate losing and if I happen to trail late in a game of MLB2k9, I will go that extra mile to turn the game off and restart from scratch. That's how dedicated I am to winning; I don't mind putting in the extra time.

If it's any added consolation, I'd probably be a whole lot cheaper than these other chumps trying to win the job. I'm willing to sign for a meager dollar menu meal with a props clause that forces Miguel Cabrera and Magglio Ordonez to hang out with me on the weekends-4lyfe. I don't think that's asking too much, is it?

So there you have it, if the Tigers are looking for a real option for the fifth spot in the rotation, and would like to give Porcello some extra work in the bus leagues, I'm here and willing to negotiate. If you're interested Tigers, you better make it fast. I will need these last few weeks to start doing some long toss, calisthenics, and running again. Just give me a call at 911, because it's clearly an emergency.

Go Tags.


BallHype: hype it up!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Waiver

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, Detroit4lyfe uses logos and registered trademarks to help inform the readers of D4L and to facilitate our hilarious banter.

Photos on Detroit4lyfe are, for the most part, used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.

If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (Detroit4lyfe at gmail dot com) and we will be at first reluctant, yet ultimately happy to oblige.

Our Popularity

web stats

Link Referral

The topics tend to gravitate toward Detroit sports, but we also like outer space so sometimes there will be no gravity. Essentially, if you like sports with a humorous twang, this is the blog for you to bookmark4lyfe!

whos.amung.us

SportsViews

Blogs With Balls 1.0

Blogs With Balls 1.0
June 13, 2009 in NYC

Will the Wings Repeat as Stanley Cup Champions?

How Far Will the Pistons Go in the Playoffs?

Help Us Help You

Twitty Tweets

Oldies but Goodies

Topics We've Touched On

You Don't Know My Address...