Detroit4lyfe's Week 9 Picks, With the Spread

Posted by Bob Biscigliano

BOBBY BISCIG'S WEEK 9 PICKS

Here on out, we are going to pick using the lines. This way, if you readers feel like winning a lot of money every week, you can decide which picks you like the best, then go place your bets knowing you're going to go into Tuesday morning a much richer man.

After going 10-4 last week (18-10) overall, I'm feeling pretty confident my picks will hold true this week. While I don't think the highlighted teams will necessarily win, I think they will cover. Of course, I think Detroit will cover and beat the Bears in Chicago. I've had enough of this 0-16 crap talk.

Getting the obvious picks out of the way, my upset special this week is Cincinnati v. the Jaguars. Cincinnati is going to pull their first win out of their ass today. Ryan Fitzpatrick really started to click late last week and being at home will help them against a team coming off a tough loss against another Ohio team. I guess I don't really care, though. As long as they lose by 9 or less though, I'll be a happy, rich man.
CHIP'S WEEK 9 PICKS
The Vikings are going to realize that there is a reason Gus Frerotte has been a career backup today when Andre Johnson and the Texans rodeo their way into Minnesota.

I'm taking the Chiefs to cover the spread at home when they play another vintage 1990s/early 2000s quarterback in Jeff Garcia.

The biggest spread this week is the 12.5 point whopper between the Lions and the Bears. Do you even have to ask who I'm picking there?

Finally, the Colts played a real solid game last week on the road against the Titans. I'm taking them at home against the Patriots. I'm still waiting for Matt Cassel to fall apart and I think that might happen this week.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Waiver

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, Detroit4lyfe uses logos and registered trademarks to help inform the readers of D4L and to facilitate our hilarious banter.

Photos on Detroit4lyfe are, for the most part, used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.

If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (Detroit4lyfe at gmail dot com) and we will be at first reluctant, yet ultimately happy to oblige.

Our Popularity

web stats

Link Referral

The topics tend to gravitate toward Detroit sports, but we also like outer space so sometimes there will be no gravity. Essentially, if you like sports with a humorous twang, this is the blog for you to bookmark4lyfe!

whos.amung.us

SportsViews

Blogs With Balls 1.0

Blogs With Balls 1.0
June 13, 2009 in NYC

Will the Wings Repeat as Stanley Cup Champions?

How Far Will the Pistons Go in the Playoffs?

Help Us Help You

Twitty Tweets

Oldies but Goodies

Topics We've Touched On

You Don't Know My Address...