Detroit4lyfe's Week 7 Picks

Posted by Bob Biscigliano in

Hoping to wake the sleeping Lions and make this repulsive season more fun, Chip and I are going to start submitting our weekly NFL picks. As I'm sure you already probably assumed, I have highlighted my winners above.

You might notice that I did not highlight the teams on a bye. Typically, the bye week is seen as a small 'victory,' because it gives teams a chance to regroup and rest up any injuries they might have, thus all teams should probably be highlighted. Wrong. All four of these teams are coming off big week 6 victories. Therefore, the bye week is killing their respective buzz and serves as a "loss" in my book. No highlighting for them.

Anyway, in my life, I am about 87% accurate in predicting NFL games, so I'm pretty sure I'll be pretty close to that number again this week. Go Lions.


Chip's Week 7 Picks
There are a few no brainer picks this week. First off, the Steelers over the Bengals is an easy call because Ryan Fitzpatrick, a Harvard graduate, is starting at quarterback for Cincinnati. While Harvard pumps out Nobel Prize winners, it certainly does not pump out winning quarterbacks. Other no brainers: Tennessee, New York Giants, Tampa Bay, and of course Detroit.

There are also a couple games that could go either way, but I've channeled my Cleo abilities and picked them all correctly. Buffalo will finally get the respect they deserve after beating up on the Chargers at home. Miami will continue their sudden turnaround by beating the suddenly punchless Ravens, and the Matt Cassel Era in New England will continue to resemble the Joey Harrington Era in Detroit on Monday night when the Broncos beat the Pats.

6 comments

I hope both of you are wrong and that the Jets lose...

For the sake of Oakland and their franchise, I hope I'm we're wrong too. I just don't see it happening.

YEEESSSS!!! Jets LOST!!! YEESSSS!!!! :-) Hahah! Favre sucked in that game!! YEESSS!!

Cheers. :p

It was a great game. Had the Raiders never called timeout with 3 seconds left as Jay Feely was missing a FG it would have never gone to OT.

Yup. That's right... but, I think it was cool to see that Favre had three possessions in OT but (haha!) the Jets had to punt each time!

Ha yeah. Can't say the Raiders offense was must better though. All around musty game.

Post a Comment

Waiver

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, Detroit4lyfe uses logos and registered trademarks to help inform the readers of D4L and to facilitate our hilarious banter.

Photos on Detroit4lyfe are, for the most part, used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.

If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (Detroit4lyfe at gmail dot com) and we will be at first reluctant, yet ultimately happy to oblige.

Our Popularity

web stats

Link Referral

The topics tend to gravitate toward Detroit sports, but we also like outer space so sometimes there will be no gravity. Essentially, if you like sports with a humorous twang, this is the blog for you to bookmark4lyfe!

whos.amung.us

SportsViews

Blogs With Balls 1.0

Blogs With Balls 1.0
June 13, 2009 in NYC

Will the Wings Repeat as Stanley Cup Champions?

How Far Will the Pistons Go in the Playoffs?

Help Us Help You

Twitty Tweets

Oldies but Goodies

Topics We've Touched On

You Don't Know My Address...