Rays Hope to Continue Delivering the Punches

Posted by Bob Biscigliano in


The Liberty Bell is already cracked. Now all the Rays have to worry about is the baseball team in Philadelphia.

Thanks to a superb pitching outing from Matt Garza, the Tampa Bay Rays were able close out a 3-1 victory against the Boston Red Sox in Game 7 of the ALCS. A 3-1 victory in Game 7 bears some funny numbers if you haven't already noticed.

The Rays were up 3-1 in the series, and up 7 runs with 2 innings to play in Game 5, before the Red Sox came from behind to steal that game and Game 6 to force a Game 7 back in Tampa Bay. The Rays were completely fine with celebrating the ALCS Championship with their fans though as they now embark to their franchise's first ever World Series appearance, against the Philadelphia Phillies.

Cole Hamels will get the nod in Game 1 of the WS vs. Tampa Bay's TBD. My guess is it will be wheover is least hungover from celebrating the ALCS 'Ship. Kazmir seems to be the early favorite. Let's not forget that he was the winner in that All Star game that took forever back in July that landed the Rays home field advantage right now. Let's also not forget to give some props to Evan Longoria. Longoria was the one who tied the game in the bottom of the 8th to force it to go to extras and past my bedtime.

Anyway, I'm liking the young Rays to win this thing. I know in my earlier post, I picked the Dodgers to beat the Rays in the World Series, but I'm switching it up since the Dodgers are out like my belly button and the Phillies are in like flynn. I really don't have a legitimate reason for this prediction. It doesn't really matter though. I could say it's because I really like Upton's ski goggles from last night, or that I really appreciate that Matt Garza listens to Tupac on his iPod. It doesn't matter. The Rays are going to win. Rays in 6.

That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it. Now I'm going to go watch Emmitt Smith stutter himself into a seizure on MNF...

UNITY

0 comments

Post a Comment

Waiver

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, Detroit4lyfe uses logos and registered trademarks to help inform the readers of D4L and to facilitate our hilarious banter.

Photos on Detroit4lyfe are, for the most part, used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.

If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (Detroit4lyfe at gmail dot com) and we will be at first reluctant, yet ultimately happy to oblige.

Our Popularity

web stats

Link Referral

The topics tend to gravitate toward Detroit sports, but we also like outer space so sometimes there will be no gravity. Essentially, if you like sports with a humorous twang, this is the blog for you to bookmark4lyfe!

whos.amung.us

SportsViews

Blogs With Balls 1.0

Blogs With Balls 1.0
June 13, 2009 in NYC

Will the Wings Repeat as Stanley Cup Champions?

How Far Will the Pistons Go in the Playoffs?

Help Us Help You

Twitty Tweets

Oldies but Goodies

Topics We've Touched On

You Don't Know My Address...