Detroit4lyfe's Week 8 Picks

Posted by Bob Biscigliano in

BOBBY BISCIG'S WEEK 8 PICKS
I want you to know that I went 8-6 last week. I'm not terribly proud of that, but it pays the bills. I aim to improve upon that this week--hoping to go at worst 12-2 this week. That would put me back to my normal winning percentage. We'll see how it goes.

Upon first glance at this week's schedule, anyone could reasonably pick every home team to come out victoriously. I didn't want to be boring, or actually really extreme, by doing that, so I picked the away team to win in some of the tougher games to pick. The Giants/Steelers and Colts/Titans games are probably the "games of the week" and in both I have the away teams winning. I know the Titans are undefeated and this is their chance to prove that they are for real in front of the entire country, but the Colts are historically money on Monday night. I know this because that's what it said on my ESPN ticker all day. I trust ESPN with everything....

I went with the Giants against the Steelers merely because I'm growing to hate the Steelers. The loveable Bus is gone and now they have no one that is really likeable on their team--especially since Santonio Holmes loves committing crimes more than he likes catching footballs. Unless the weather is really bad, which I think would favor the Steelers, I'm going with the Giants here.

I think the obvious picks of the week are the Patriots, Jaguars, Jets and of course the Lions.

Denver is a winner for having a BYE this week considering Cutler's injury and their team's overall pitiful performance last Monday. I don't think it's back to the drawing boards for them, but I do think they'll spend a few of these extra days resting and looking at themselves long and hard in the mirror.

Go Lions.
CHIP'S WEEK 8 PICKS
First game of the week is definitely a throwback- Jeff Garcia and Brad Johnson had creaky knees and backaches all the way back in 2001. I'm a huge fan of Marion Barber, but I just can't envision a team led by Brad Johnson winning in 2008, even if they are playing at home.

Detroit obviously wins at home against the most racist team in the league. Baltimore's defense will score more points than their offense en route to a blowout of a young, poorly coached Raiders team. The Steelers will prove that they are the best team in the AFC when they beat the defending champs at home and Tennessee will remain unbeaten after their defense manhandles the inconsistent Colts offense.


UNITY

0 comments

Post a Comment

Waiver

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, Detroit4lyfe uses logos and registered trademarks to help inform the readers of D4L and to facilitate our hilarious banter.

Photos on Detroit4lyfe are, for the most part, used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.

If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (Detroit4lyfe at gmail dot com) and we will be at first reluctant, yet ultimately happy to oblige.

Our Popularity

web stats

Link Referral

The topics tend to gravitate toward Detroit sports, but we also like outer space so sometimes there will be no gravity. Essentially, if you like sports with a humorous twang, this is the blog for you to bookmark4lyfe!

whos.amung.us

SportsViews

Blogs With Balls 1.0

Blogs With Balls 1.0
June 13, 2009 in NYC

Will the Wings Repeat as Stanley Cup Champions?

How Far Will the Pistons Go in the Playoffs?

Help Us Help You

Twitty Tweets

Oldies but Goodies

Topics We've Touched On

You Don't Know My Address...