JT O'Sullivan Used To Be Our BACKUP QB!

Posted by Bob Biscigliano in

The Lions were losing 21-3 at halftime. I seriously considered turning off the game because I had a school paper to write and I was losing time and hair. I guess I can be happy that I didn't go to a bar to watch the game like I usually do. I might still be there, crawling.

Another incentive of listening to the game was that I was hoping to hear Dan Miller SNAP and go off on an expletive laced rant. I really wish he had. There were about fifty six different times I wanted to pound my laptop up against a wall in a fit of rage. I know Dan Miller had to have been dog cussing Kitna and the Lions during all the commercial breaks. Also, I was thinking if I hear Dan Miller mention that a San Francisco wide receiver is "WIDE OPEN" one more time, I might freaking lose it.

Also, the Lions apparently declined to try at the end of the first half. They had a chance to extend the first half because the 49ers had a penalty as time expired. The Lions declined the penalty. End of the first half. Throw up the white flag why don't we.

I was not able to listen to the last half of the 4th quarter because I had dinner with my girlfriend's family. I'm always thankful for these blessings in disguise. It's a shame that in about 20 some NFL cities in America, a man would absolutely HATE to miss his team's final quarter to have dinner with potential future in-laws. Adversely, I put on my Sunday best and went over with glee. We had pasta and it was delicious.

When I returned from dinner, I was listening to the post game wrap. I heard a 49er player fell on Kitna's knee. It was at that point, I prayed for a non-life, but season threatening injury. The curse lives on. Kitna says he should be just fine to play in week 5 after our bye week.

As I said in my last article, giving you all the one reason why the Lions would not start 0-3, there is a silver lining to starting 0-3. In 1995, the Lions started 0-3 and battled back to make the playoffs as the NFC Wild Card. Just like then, everyone will throw their JT O'Sullivan at us thinking they can just walk all over us. That's when we will blind side everyone and win 7 straight. I still have faith.

As for now, I'm decorating my brown paper bag and cracking open the tub of cookie dough as we speak.....

0 comments

Post a Comment

Waiver

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, Detroit4lyfe uses logos and registered trademarks to help inform the readers of D4L and to facilitate our hilarious banter.

Photos on Detroit4lyfe are, for the most part, used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.

If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (Detroit4lyfe at gmail dot com) and we will be at first reluctant, yet ultimately happy to oblige.

Our Popularity

web stats

Link Referral

The topics tend to gravitate toward Detroit sports, but we also like outer space so sometimes there will be no gravity. Essentially, if you like sports with a humorous twang, this is the blog for you to bookmark4lyfe!

whos.amung.us

SportsViews

Blogs With Balls 1.0

Blogs With Balls 1.0
June 13, 2009 in NYC

Will the Wings Repeat as Stanley Cup Champions?

How Far Will the Pistons Go in the Playoffs?

Help Us Help You

Twitty Tweets

Oldies but Goodies

Topics We've Touched On

You Don't Know My Address...