A Game of Twister Can Get Weird

Posted by Bob Biscigliano in

The Detroit Lions are playing the Atlanta Falcons tomorrow at 1 pm, and I'm going to be there front and center (By front and center I mean, section 120 row 11). I am really looking forward to the season because Marinelli finally has HIS team in the system, which I fully believe in; and Joey Harrington no longer has a job. Just when I thought I got away from Joey Harrington forever when he left Detroit, I stupidly follow him to Atlanta. Nonetheless, Atlanta chose the right person though by releasing him, and ultimately has kept me around for a while.

Anyway, I want to start something new up for every weekend, but it involves some historical context, or in lawyerly terms: some procedural history. Every Sunday when I was the adorable age of 7 or so, I cant remember how old exactly, I would wake up early Sunday around 10 AM and simulate the upcoming Lions game in my basement. The twist here is that I didn't simulate it on Madden 94 or through any other video game. I would simulate it LIVE... one on zero. Me vs. myself, in basement football. I would play NOBODY, and play every down against NOBODY. I have 3 brothers, but I chose to play myself. It was always easier competition that way. I would act as both teams, every player on both teams and play every down of a full length football game. I would certainly skip commercials because every kid hates them. I held a stop watch with the time and would stop it every time I incompleted a pass to myself or I decided to run out of bounds outside of the yellow little tike chairs. Almost every single game, Barry would break a run of 50 yards or more and the Lions would win 10 or 11 games during the season. Now that I'm 23 years old, I figured I should probably stop doing that style of predictions and simply make predictions more maturely. So here you have it, me, at the age of 23, making mature predictions through alphabetical text on a blog.

(Note: These predictions are very well thought out and based on a very sophisticated observation of historical numbers and gamesmanship tendencies.)

Detroit stats:
Jon Kitna: 18/24, 279 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INT, 1 fumble
Kevin Smith: 24 carries, 117 yards, 1 TD
Rudi Johnson: 10 carries, 23 yards, 0 TD
Roy Williams: 7 Rec, 84 yards, 1 TD
Calvin Johnson: 5 Rec, 104 yards, 1 TD
Shaun McDonald: 5 Rec, 63 yards
Jason Hanson: 1/1 FG

Final Score prediction:
Detroit Lions 24
Atlanta Falcons 13


I'll follow the game up with a quick recap of my predictions vs. the real thing.... holler and go Leos

UNITY

0 comments

Post a Comment

Waiver

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, Detroit4lyfe uses logos and registered trademarks to help inform the readers of D4L and to facilitate our hilarious banter.

Photos on Detroit4lyfe are, for the most part, used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.

If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (Detroit4lyfe at gmail dot com) and we will be at first reluctant, yet ultimately happy to oblige.

Our Popularity

web stats

Link Referral

The topics tend to gravitate toward Detroit sports, but we also like outer space so sometimes there will be no gravity. Essentially, if you like sports with a humorous twang, this is the blog for you to bookmark4lyfe!

whos.amung.us

SportsViews

Blogs With Balls 1.0

Blogs With Balls 1.0
June 13, 2009 in NYC

Will the Wings Repeat as Stanley Cup Champions?

How Far Will the Pistons Go in the Playoffs?

Help Us Help You

Twitty Tweets

Oldies but Goodies

Topics We've Touched On

You Don't Know My Address...