Copycattin'... So What?

Posted by Bob Biscigliano

I'm almost positive everyone wants to know how my fantasy football league with my friends from Deeeetroit is going. In order to please the curious reader, I will post the current standings for my league (divisions separated into Jack Nicholson and Meg Ryan) and scores from the previous week. Top 2 teams from each division make it to the playoffs which start week 14. If you want to know who each person is, leave a comment but I have a feeling no one really cares. You should all know that the bold faced team is ME and thats who everyone will probably be following the most. I lost in week 1, but tend to get my losses out of the way early in the season. I did lose to Dupree so it's more excusable. Chip S. is "Tell Me How My Ass Tastes" a team name inspired by the Grammy winning rap song of Shaquille O'Neal ft. Kobe. Detroit4lyfe.blogspot went 2-1 this week. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted, so keep your fingers crossed. (Note: I typically do not cite my sources on this blog because the blog is informal and I'm not being graded nor have I been prosecuted for the lack of citations (yet). However, in this case, out of pure respect, I want everyone to know that I am copying this "Update your readers on your fantasy football league" idea from Redskins' TE, Chris Cooley's blog...Chip was gracious enough to throw that blog my way, and I'm very thankful for that. It's a good read and has very blog-inspirational content.)

Here are the top headlines of the fantasy week:

  1. Team Oracle of Oakland sucks (made a terrible trade before season started: traded Turner and McNabb to the Mud Dogs for Manning and Bowe and then only scored 62 points)
  2. Brady is out for the season giving Matt Cassel a chance to start for the first time since he was Quarterbacking in his childhood family pickup games in the backyard.
  3. Green Bay Packers and Cameron Diaz are doing just fine without Brett Favre
  4. Lions allowed 300+ yards rushing and lost to a Rookie QB, a Rookie QB that came from the ACC nonetheless. If you have anyone that plays the Lions, as much as it hurts me to say, it's usually a good idea to start them. Aaron Rodgers and Ryan Grant are next.
UNITY

0 comments

Post a Comment

Waiver

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, Detroit4lyfe uses logos and registered trademarks to help inform the readers of D4L and to facilitate our hilarious banter.

Photos on Detroit4lyfe are, for the most part, used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.

If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (Detroit4lyfe at gmail dot com) and we will be at first reluctant, yet ultimately happy to oblige.

Our Popularity

web stats

Link Referral

The topics tend to gravitate toward Detroit sports, but we also like outer space so sometimes there will be no gravity. Essentially, if you like sports with a humorous twang, this is the blog for you to bookmark4lyfe!

whos.amung.us

SportsViews

Blogs With Balls 1.0

Blogs With Balls 1.0
June 13, 2009 in NYC

Will the Wings Repeat as Stanley Cup Champions?

How Far Will the Pistons Go in the Playoffs?

Help Us Help You

Twitty Tweets

Oldies but Goodies

Topics We've Touched On

You Don't Know My Address...