SND in Boston

Posted by Chip Stevenson


As a devastating case of SND (Sunday Night Depression) sets in, here are a few thoughts from Chip...

I'm watching the season finale of Rock of Love, and I can't imagine a better SND cure than that show. I'm pretty sure Daisy, pictured above and one of the last two contestants who also happens to be an accomplished exotic dancer, just tried to smile. You could see her lips sort of turn upwards, but they only made it a fraction of an inch because she is made out of plastic. That's obviously a strike against Daisy. On the other hand, Ambre (pronounced "Amber") spells her name in such a ridiculous way that it's a big turnoff for me. Still, if I had to guess, I'd say Bret Michaels looks past the spelling mistake and picks Ambre who happens to be a legit cougar, my favorite.

I took my first trip to New York City this weekend, in which I tried my first oyster, had to stop myself from puking on the spot but still took it down like champ, and subsequently caught a nasty case of diarrhea that would have ruined the weekend if not for my positive attitude. Needless to say, I will not be eating anymore oysters any time soon. I will, on the other hand, be trying to go back to New York sometime soon because it was a great time. I'm not sure if I could live there, but it was a lot of fun even though we got kicked out of a bar by a completely overzealous/unhappy with his life bouncer when a waitress spilled beer on my friend and he got upset about it. I was actually supposed to go there to scout the Jankees as part of the Tigers' grassroots scouting campaign that I just completely made up. What I didnt realize though was that the Jankees were playing the Red Sox IN Boston. So I watched the games on TV in New York instead of watching the games at a bar in Boston or something. Real smart on my part. Anyways, my verdict: I like the Jankees more than I like the Red Sox.

Speaking of them, did you guys hear any more about the construction worker who put a David Ortiz jersey in the cement at the new Yankee Stadium? Amazing story by a passionate fan who wanted to curse the Yankees and an even more amazing outcome in that the Yankees actually had people jackhammer their way down into the cement to remove the jersey. If the fan was smart though, he would have placed two Red Sox things down there so that the Yankees would believe they removed the threat of a curse but something else would still remain down there.

In other news, the Tigers are not undefeated in my return back to Boston as I had hoped. In fact, they just got shutout two times in a row and have been shutout more times in the first two weeks than they did all of last season. If I were Jim Leyland, I would have a big game of semi-serious whiffle ball with the team. I would actually make the starting pitchers toss and the actual lineup hit in an effort to lighten the mood while still keeping a competitive atmosphere. I still have hope for when Granderson comes back and I also am sort of weirdly encouraged by the fact that the Tigers are losing in blowouts. No one is bad enough to be shutout in two straight games while being outscored 18-0. If we were losing all sorts of close games then maybe that would just be how good the Tigers are, but clearly the Tigers are not a team that gets outscored like that. They will turn it around eventually.

Lastly, we at detroit4lyfe.blogspot.com have recently been receiving a bunch of new readers and I just wanted to thank everyone for supporting the cause.

-Chip

1 comments

Anonymous   says 12:50 PM

I thought the same thing win I saw Ambre. She is probably one of the best 37 yr. old cougars I have seen.

Post a Comment

Waiver

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, Detroit4lyfe uses logos and registered trademarks to help inform the readers of D4L and to facilitate our hilarious banter.

Photos on Detroit4lyfe are, for the most part, used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.

If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (Detroit4lyfe at gmail dot com) and we will be at first reluctant, yet ultimately happy to oblige.

Our Popularity

web stats

Link Referral

The topics tend to gravitate toward Detroit sports, but we also like outer space so sometimes there will be no gravity. Essentially, if you like sports with a humorous twang, this is the blog for you to bookmark4lyfe!

whos.amung.us

SportsViews

Blogs With Balls 1.0

Blogs With Balls 1.0
June 13, 2009 in NYC

Will the Wings Repeat as Stanley Cup Champions?

How Far Will the Pistons Go in the Playoffs?

Help Us Help You

Twitty Tweets

Topics We've Touched On

You Don't Know My Address...