Oopsies, Daisies: E1 and SHOCKING BLOCKBUSTER TRADE

Posted by Bob Biscigliano


Thanks to Dupree for proving that he is not only alive, but an asset to this blog for pointing out that I made a huge goof in my latest post. I would just like to aknowledge it here and beg for forgiveness. If you didn't catch it then damn, I should have never mentioned it. But for those of you who are sitting at the edge of your seats to find out exactly what I did wrong, then here it goes....I said that the Pistons would play the Magic in the second round of the NBA playoffs, UNLESS the Atlanta Hawks wound up beating the Celtics. Terrible decision to say that. I was not aware that Stern is very stern (see what I did there?) with his playoff formats and seeds. The NBA does not re-seed after the first round so the best team remaining can play the worst team remaining. Thus, making my statement useless, wrong, and worthy of 0 points and may God have mercy on my soul. This re-seeding format however, does happen in the NHL, so maybe you can understand my mistake. Either way, chalk that error up to me as my first EVER. I guess you could say I'm pretty flawless. I'm like a mixture of Magglio Ordonez, Marisa Tomei, Tom Cruise, Curtis Granderson, and Jimmy DiCheeksO.

To cancel out the error though, I have an important news item for you. The news was brought to me via Chip on the telephone - here is the conversation.
Chip: Yo, are you sitting down?
Me: Uhh...is this a trick question?
Chip: Shutup, are you sitting down? You want to be sitting down for what I am about to tell you. I have some bad news.
Me: Oh, shit. Yeah, I'm sitting down. I'm on the bus to Wake Forest right now. What's up?
Chip: Jason Grilli just got traded.
Me: .......uh.... (I hang up)
(Chip calls me back; I answer)
Chip: Are you okay man? It happened.
Me: (fighting back the tears) I don't believe you. You're F'ing with me!
Chip: No, man. I'm sorry.
Me: (tears flowing) WHY!?! To who!?
Chip: The Rockies
Me: (I hang up again)
(Chip calls me back; I answer)
Me: (tears flowing) Listen, I don't want to (sniffle) talk about this right now. (sniffle, clearing up the tears) Who did we get?? Why would we trade him??
Chip: We got a Single-A reliever. I don't know his name. I'm not sure anyone knows his name.
Me: (I hang up for a third time)

Chip doesn't call me back. Besides, that's all I needed to hear. Jason Grilli, my boy, has been traded to the Colorado Rockies for a no-name Single A RELIEVER. The move was made so Cruceta, who has a wonderful new VISA, can be brought up within the next couple days. He is sick nasty so far in the minors. 15 Ks in just 7 IP. Still, a sad day for the 5 Jason Grilli fans out there. I guess we should all all bow our heads and pray. Just know though, that I'm not good at mourning.

Now for some good news....The Tigers beat the Yankees again tonight. Placido Polanco hit 2 bombs and acted like he had done that before. I'll talk more about our rejuvenated hitting a little later.

Randomness for the day....In today's Charlotte Observer I saw a picture of Barack Obama playing basketball with the UNC team. In the picture Obama was about to get his democracy packed in by Republican Tyler Hansborough. I think we all know what kind of comments can be made here, so I'll just leave it open for interpretation. However I think you should take a look at the following video. Watch until the end. It gets really interesting:




That's all for tonight.

GO CATS

12 comments

Anonymous   says 4:55 AM

Hi !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ywohakur.digitalzones.com/hazysy.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous   says 7:19 PM

ups sorry delete plz [url=http://duhum.com].[/url]

Anonymous   says 9:16 AM

I am the kind of hombre who loves to taste different things. Right now I'm fabricating my hold pv panels. I am managing it all alone without the aid of my men. I'm using the net as the only way to acheive that. I saw a really awesome site that explains how to build pv panels and wind generators. The internet site explains all the steps required to solar panel construction.

I am not sure about how precise the info given there iz. If some guys over here who have experience with these works can have a peak and give your feedback in the thread it would be great and I'd highly appreciate it, because I truly enjoy solar panel construction.

Tnx for reading this. U guys are the best.

Anonymous   says 5:16 PM

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I begin take up real income.
It gets down to choose a correct companion who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the income with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous   says 7:10 PM

ups sorry delete plz [url=http://duhum.com].[/url]

Anonymous   says 12:26 PM

This website was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found something which helped me. Cheers!

my web blog; workouts to increase vertical leap

Anonymous   says 9:51 AM

WOW just what I was searching for. Came here
by searching for big sports 590

Here is my blog post: workouts for vertical jump

Anonymous   says 5:27 PM

You should be a part of a contest for one of the finest websites on the internet.
I'm going to highly recommend this website!

Feel free to surf to my page ... www.usidolonline.com

Anonymous   says 5:28 PM

You should be a part of a contest for one of the finest websites on the internet.
I'm going to highly recommend this website!

my web blog www.usidolonline.com

Anonymous   says 5:50 AM

When I initially left a comment I appear to have clicked on
the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now
every time a comment is added I receive four emails with the exact same comment.
Perhaps there is a way you can remove me from that service?
Thanks!

Look into my blog post ... workouts for vertical leap

Anonymous   says 10:58 PM

If you desire to improve your knowledge only keep visiting this web site and be
updated with the hottest gossip posted here.


Feel free to visit my blog - http://Socialzit.com/index.php?do=/blog/111121/several-good-workouts-to-use-your-vertical-leap

Anonymous   says 2:54 AM

I almost never drop responses, but i did some searching and wound up here "Oopsies, Daisies: E1 and SHOCKING BLOCKBUSTER TRADE".
And I do have some questions for you if it's allright. Could it be simply me or does it look like a few of the comments appear like they are left by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing on additional online social sites, I would like to keep up with anything fresh you have to post. Could you list of all of your social pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

Also visit my web site - http://saabs.co.za

Post a Comment

Waiver

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, Detroit4lyfe uses logos and registered trademarks to help inform the readers of D4L and to facilitate our hilarious banter.

Photos on Detroit4lyfe are, for the most part, used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.

If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (Detroit4lyfe at gmail dot com) and we will be at first reluctant, yet ultimately happy to oblige.

Our Popularity

web stats

Link Referral

The topics tend to gravitate toward Detroit sports, but we also like outer space so sometimes there will be no gravity. Essentially, if you like sports with a humorous twang, this is the blog for you to bookmark4lyfe!

whos.amung.us

SportsViews

Blogs With Balls 1.0

Blogs With Balls 1.0
June 13, 2009 in NYC

Will the Wings Repeat as Stanley Cup Champions?

How Far Will the Pistons Go in the Playoffs?

Help Us Help You

Twitty Tweets

Topics We've Touched On

You Don't Know My Address...