Ya, I'm a Fudge Packer....So What?

Posted by Dupree


So today I'm at Lifetime Fitness in Troy and find myself wondering, "Why do scrawny kids with arms the size of toothpicks wear cutoffs to workout in?" This has baffled me for years and I just can't seem to shake it. At first I thought maybe they need to wear them in order to have full range of motion and do their exercises...but then again they're standing in front of the mirror with 10 lb. dumbells doing bicep curls acting like they're Hulk Hogan or something (who's son, FYI, has been arrested on several criminal charges, including third-degree felony reckless driving involving serious bodily injury, no biggie)....but that is neither here nor there. The true topic I wish to address is football.

Coming up in a about a week and a half is the annual Detroit Lions Thanksgiving Day game but the more important thing to me is that they're playing the Packers who hail from the bays of green (not the fruity bay, san fagcisco). The Packers have been my favorite team since I was runnin' around in diapers many years ago. I took a liking to them when I first saw them play in what had to be as early as 1992 when Favre took over the reins from the Magic man, Don Majkowski. What made it even better for me was that I absolutely hated the Dallas Cowboys and the Packers kicked them off their high horse in 1995. I just despised the Cowboys with a passion; maybe it was Troy "Ache"man, or Emmitt (Jared's father) Smith, or Michael Irvin (I always thought that white powder under his nose was from a doughnut he ate before the game, but guess not) but either way I hated their stinkin' guts and wished that they would all die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Ever since then, I have bled green and gold while at the same time wishing all the best for the lions, unless they were playing the Packers of course. So I hope that in the coming weekends, before the showdown in Detroit, both teams can remain atop the NFC North and give me one of the best Thanksgiving Day games ever. That is all.....for now.

Laidher

2 comments

Anonymous   says 11:22 PM

It sucks for you that you are not a Lions fan.

Anonymous   says 11:22 PM

Eric Charles McComas

Post a Comment

Waiver

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, Detroit4lyfe uses logos and registered trademarks to help inform the readers of D4L and to facilitate our hilarious banter.

Photos on Detroit4lyfe are, for the most part, used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.

If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (Detroit4lyfe at gmail dot com) and we will be at first reluctant, yet ultimately happy to oblige.

Our Popularity

web stats

Link Referral

The topics tend to gravitate toward Detroit sports, but we also like outer space so sometimes there will be no gravity. Essentially, if you like sports with a humorous twang, this is the blog for you to bookmark4lyfe!

whos.amung.us

SportsViews

Blogs With Balls 1.0

Blogs With Balls 1.0
June 13, 2009 in NYC

Will the Wings Repeat as Stanley Cup Champions?

How Far Will the Pistons Go in the Playoffs?

Help Us Help You

Twitty Tweets

Topics We've Touched On

You Don't Know My Address...