Posted by Dupree
going from 5 to 1 (least important to most important)
5. I just pitched a perfect game in MLB2K7 with Nate Robertson vs. the Minnesota Ho-Ho's (or is it Twinkies?)....this must bode well for when Nate (don't mistake me for Lovett) takes the mound tonight against Joe "Blow me" Mauer and the rest of their pathetic team.
4. Jim Leyland has pieced together his rotation for the stretch run. I hope this is a reason why the Tigers will make the postseason considering this stretch rotation is including Jair Jurrjens who has pitched well of late. The only thing I can hope for is that Yorman Bazardo pitches well Saturday when he's penciled in to make the start opposite Johan Santana since this series will be one of the biggest of the year.
3. The Yankees are playing a tough weekend series at Fenway against the B.ody Odor Sox. Hopefully the stinky Sox can come through and help us out with a sweepage of the Yank-mees. Terry Francona said they're playing for the Tigers this weekend and considering they stacked their rotation with Ed Dice-K, Josh (look up your cards) Beckett, and Curt "fake bloody sock" Schilling, I think we're in good shape.
2. Andy Pettite is pitching tonight for the Bronx Brown Bombers and his nose has grown even more since his last start since he lied twice to his wife. Thus his nose is now 3 inches further away from his face. This doesn't help the yankees cause for tonight.
1. Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez started their periods today (yes, they're on the same schedule, how gay). ESPN said that Jeter was unavailable for comment before the game cuz he was in the training room but honestly I think he was huddled up in a bathroom stall crying cuz Gay-Rod called him fat. This can only mean good things for the Tigers. So we have 5-7 days depending on their cycle to capitalize.
so as I sit here in my John Olerud style Tigers helmet (you know the one with no ear covers that he wore at first base) and drink my Bud Light, since I decided to splurge tonight and move up from Busch Light, all I have to say is ......
Go Tigers and Spartans