Apologies to Mr. Sir Chad Durbin

Posted by Bob Biscigliano

I owe Chad Durbin a huge apology. Tonight, he struck out nine through eight scoreless innings and led the Tigers to a very big 6-2 victory over the Chicago White Sox. Before the game started, I probably made fun of Chad and said it'd be an embarassment for Chad to pitch on the national stage for the Detroit Tigers. After tonights performance, I feel embarrassed and wish I had not made such predictions. Heck, he even made AGay Gaypierzynski stay in the box on a ground ball and accumulated multiple broken bats. If it weren't for Joel Zumaya and the late inning rain, it would have been a shut out that Chad Durbin much deserved. I am very proud of Rad Chad; and yes, I have decided to change his nickname. Tonight, Chad has become the best #52 EVER. Obviously.

Some beef: The ESPN crew said the reason Guillen was not starting was because he has made 6 errors this year. Clearly, that is complete bullshit. He is definately getting the night off and it has nothing to do with the errors he has made. Although he made 2 errors the other night, Leyland claims it has nothing to do with the miscues. I just wish that ESPN got on track and stopped making claims that are not true. For example, when a fastball moves, it is not automatically a breaking ball. I can't tell you how many times a ball moves and the television crew calls it a breaking ball. I'm sorry but a pitcher who throws 85-87 mph fastballs and throws a 81 mph pitch that moves a little, it should not automatically be called a slider or changeup. Let's get real. Chicago Bulls, Deng.

Here is an argument my friends and I had: It dealt with who the best hitter ever is/was......Many feel Barry Bonds is the best hitter ever because he has the best eye in baseball. I'm sorry, but I don't think the person who ate the most carrotts as a kid has anything to do with the best hitter in baseball. Personally, I'm not sure who the best hitter is, but I don't think Barry Bonds is the best hitter ever. I think it deals with his suspect roid abuse. We talked about player(s) on ROIDS. Is your image of a player lost when you find out he has been or is on ROIDS?????

What are your thoughts?????

GO CATS

3 comments

I apologize for my mindless rant... I was a itsy bit inebriated when I wrote this post

Anonymous   says 7:26 PM

although it is very hard to compare hitters from different eras (babe ruth vs barry bonds for example), i feel like as just a pure hitter you cant go wrong with ted williams. he had power, average, great eye (even though i know youre not interest in eye sight) and despite playing in a park that was cavernous in right center, he hit over 500 career bombs. imagine what he woulda done if he hadnt gone to battle for the us of a in the prime of his career. obviously, great arguments can also be made for the babe (hit more bombs that like ten teams one year) and barry, but i like teddy ballgame. also, i love you. that is all. love and kisses,
john eshelman

Anonymous   says 8:40 PM

hahaha AGAY...DENG... i like it

Post a Comment

Waiver

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, Detroit4lyfe uses logos and registered trademarks to help inform the readers of D4L and to facilitate our hilarious banter.

Photos on Detroit4lyfe are, for the most part, used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.

If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (Detroit4lyfe at gmail dot com) and we will be at first reluctant, yet ultimately happy to oblige.

Our Popularity

web stats

Link Referral

The topics tend to gravitate toward Detroit sports, but we also like outer space so sometimes there will be no gravity. Essentially, if you like sports with a humorous twang, this is the blog for you to bookmark4lyfe!

whos.amung.us

SportsViews

Blogs With Balls 1.0

Blogs With Balls 1.0
June 13, 2009 in NYC

Will the Wings Repeat as Stanley Cup Champions?

How Far Will the Pistons Go in the Playoffs?

Help Us Help You

Twitty Tweets

Topics We've Touched On

You Don't Know My Address...