Posted by Bob Biscigliano
It is right around that time for fantasy baseball drafts to take place. Here is 10 quick guidelines to all your fantasy drafting concerns according to ESPNs Peter Gammons....
1. Sleepers are good but hopefully you get some players who are awake too.
2. Neifi Perez will not be a good pick....for the 35th year in a row
3. When in doubt, pick a Detroit Tiger or former Tiger. Good picks from the past and present include: Chad Curtis, Luis Gonzalez, Tony Clark, John Smoltz, David Wells, Phil Nevin and Shane Halter. (Shane can fill up your needs at all nine positions)
4. Sean Casey will not hit 20 bombs but is good if you are in a league where you profit from slap hitting first baseman who are really really nice guys.
5. Nook Logan landed himself a job elsewhere. He might be a reasonable pick up if Neifi Perez is already taken.
6. It is okay to pick up Jamie Walker...he might of sold out for the big money but everyone needs a crafty lefty on their staff. If Jamie is unavailable in the early rounds, go with Matt Croswell as a safety fall back option.
7. Avoid all White Sox players. I heard Bobby Jenks ate most of them.
8. If you have second pick overall and Todd Jones is gone, it might be safe to pick Joel Zumaya. Guitar Hero 3 does not come out until next fall and I hear he has improved his control and added 5 mph to his fastball.
9. Roger Clemens is a real solid pick. K'ing his son in BP will work wonders for your rotisserie style leagues.
10. Mike Maroth is always an easy and logical solution to perfecting your pitching staff.
Opening Day: 107 hours away from now